For the second post in our Hangover Breakfast series, what breakfast is complete without home fries? But on the morning after (or pretty much all the time if I’m honest about it), I’m going to be pretty lazy about what I actually cook on the stove top that requires constant attention. Therefore, I like my home fries oven roasted.
Sriracha Oven Roasted Potatoes
- 1/8 c. of olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon of fresh minced garlic (3-4 cloves or go nuts)
- 1 teaspoon of Italian Seasoning (it’s a mix of the usual suspects, marjoram, thyme, rosemary, savory, sage, oregano and basil, if you don’t have it, just use a dash of each.)
- 1/2 teaspoon of Penzey’s Forward (if you don’t have this, use 1 teaspoon of Lawry’s Seasoning Salt or any other brand of season salt, and omit the salt below)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of Sriracha (if you don’t have Sriracha, BUY SOME, or substitute any hot sauce, or if you don’t like spicy, omit it altogether)
- 4-5 potatoes, washed and scrubbed and trimmed of any scars or bad spots, but otherwise unpeeled.
Preheat oven to 475º degrees. Place all the ingredients except the potatoes into a bowl.
Whisk oil and spices together so they are well incorporated.
Wash, scrub and trim potatoes if you haven’t already.
Cut potatoes into 3/4 inch pieces and place into the bowl with the olive oil and spices.
Once you have finished cutting up all the potatoes, mix the potatoes with the oil and spice mixture until they are well coated.
Place coated potatoes on a baking sheet in a single layer. Scrape the bowl and drizzle any of the remaining spice mixture on top of the potatoes.
Put potatoes in preheated oven and roast for 20-30 minutes, turning occasionally to brown on all sides.
Serve them with some sausage (see our Maple Glazed Homemade Breakfast Sausage Patties recipe), bacon, and some fresh fruit. Enjoy!